- Fill a large pot with water, add salt, and bring to the boil.
- Separate the broccoli heads into small florets, and peel and slice the stems.
- Blanch the broccoli pieces in the boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Place the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Drain the hot water from the blanched broccoli into the rice noodles and immerse the broccoli pieces in cold water. Drain the broccoli thoroughly.
- Let the noodles stand in the hot water for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until it is hot, then add the oil, garlic, and spring onions.
- Stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Stir in the drained rice noodles and broccoli and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the water, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, and sesame oil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixture onto platter and serve at once.
This recipe can be easily doubled for a larger crowd.
If you like it spicy, add 2 teaspoons of chilli bean sauce with the oyster sauce.