- Place apricots, water and apricot jam into a saucepan over a low heat to dissolve the jam, stir and heat gently for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400oF, 200oC, Gas Mark 6.
- Line a shallow baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Unroll the sheet of puff pastry onto the baking tray and spread a thick layer of custard over the over the centre of the pastry leaving a 1cm gap around the edge.
- Strain any excess liquid from the apricots and arrange them on top of the custard. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top of apricots, dust with icing sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry has risen around the edges and the icing sugar has started to turn golden brown.
To Serve: Cut into slices and serve warm or cold with Crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream.